Happy Birthday Beautiful! We love you.
i am a free spirit
i am one of a kind
i am one thousand winds
a hundred and one pieces of mountain sky
some sea salt sprays
and ever so many summer breezes.
oh of course i am here
i walk the less traveled path
i live life with all my heart
i love.....and am loved.
i breath life in
and hold on tight.
the next adventure....i am ready.
today is your day to dance lightly with life, sing wild songs of adventure, soar your spirit, unfurl your joy......
Happy Birthday Beautiful! We love you.
1. I first saw April 55 yrs ago .. she was just minutes old, her eyes were wide open as was her mouth. She was and is beautiful! (Papa)
2. Loves butter (real or fake) like no other
3. April is the only friend I know that makes you feel beautiful even after your front tooth falls out. While driving down the middle of New Orleans!!! (Kimbo)
4. She loves Kenny Rogers and Lionel Richie..
5. The only thing she loves more than being a 'Darlin'...being a Mom!
6. I love that she loves our God with so much depth....passion...and assurance
7. She gets distressed if she doesn't get to run everyday
8. She can literally create a stunning centerpiece for a fancy wedding with newspaper
9.If the red light is on at Krispy Kreme, you can bet your bottom dollar that she will want to stop
10.If you are a living creature and you are in the middle of the road, she will stop to save you (cat, dog, turtle.. Well a possum might be out of luck)
11. Did you know that if you sit on the church pew with her....she won't be able to keep still....so get ready to jiggle once she gets her leg going
12.April may not like your fingernail polish for herself, but she will tell you it still looks good on you - frosting and all :) (Nanette)
13. Could probably eat her weight in boiled shrimp (but you could never guess by looking at her)
14. When Papa was asked, 'Where the name 'Bo-od' comes from...""I think God must have given her that, she has always had that name."
15. .She is the only person I know that can take a 1 syllable word and make it a 3 syllable word. (Chip)
16. She can think of at least ten ways to change your living room around.....especially after you say...."There's only one way" ...and what's more...you'll love it.
17. She was an amazing 'Ms. April'' at pre-school and all of you that were part of it were very lucky.
18. She has a neon green thumb. She can turn a dying plant into a thriving, blooming one. Has everyone seen her fairytale rose garden? (Dinah)
19. Cat whisperer (or cat charmer)
20. She loves her family and friends fiercely.. with her entire body and soul..
21. I remember April's first boyfriend. Sort of. Benard? It was the first time that some older guy tried to bond with me so April would like him more. Cool!!! Worked for me. (Chip)
22. Don't even think about playing Brickhouse around her without her busting a move
23. She is the "Queen of Distraction", regarding babies that is. She can make a child go from crying to totally fascinated and smiling in a drop of a hat with her amazing distraction skills. (Dinah and Hunter)
24. She can't resist a stray animal....or a child...or a elderly person with a story.
25. Regardless of what anyone says when we were chasing pigs she became demonized like mom and would throw HUGE chunks of wood at me. That's why I became the fastest person ever in the Geddie family. (Chip)
26. She considers being a mom her greatest accomplishment in life
27. She is 55 today and she still looks like the cute little cheerleader she was in high school. No one can believe this woman is the grandmother of two! (or 1 1/2) (Dinah)
28. She is, without a doubt, the most talented person I know.
29. Papa wanted to name her April Darling!
30. Absolutely everything in her closet fits her (is that crazy or what?)
31. She named me...Chan and she was only five years old
32. Her favorite snack is frozen M&Ms
33. She can instantly enter the 'wonder world' of a child and have a great time there
34. She's an amazing mother-in-law. Khiron and I have the best mother in law we could ask for. Shes always thinking of us and making us feel special..just like we've been a part of the family our whole lives! (Dinah)
35. I love that she loves reading, just as much as I do.....and the same kind of book
36. Jason Bateman can always make her laugh
37. She loves for beauty to surround her....which is why she will set her table on a Tuesday night that could easily be pictured in a magazine.
38. She can make your bad day disappear with one of her perfect hugs
39. She's the best Darlin' around. Row has such a special grandmother! She loves him to the mon and back and so does he. Rowan couldn't be more blessed to have her in his life. He can't wait to see her for her birthday.
40. You push me to be better, you love me when I am crazy & when I am slightly less crazy, you inspire me in every way possible, you teach me to just love the day we are in. You have loved me through so much, you have cared for me when I have been sick, depressed and heart-broken. You have loved me in my worst and in my best. (Chan)
41. She always.....ALWAYS is ready to go to the beach
42. She eats broccoli at least once a day
43. She doesn't realize how amazing she is....maybe we should tell her more...but it seems so obvious to us.
44. She teaches people to cherish little children exactly the way they are
45. And even though she comes across sweet I remember when we first moved to Grand Isle and a couple of guys tried to pick or. She threatens to kick their rear end. They backed off and really became 2 my best friends down there lol (Chip)
46. She can take whatever you have in your kitchen and turn it into the most amazing dish....never to be duplicated....but just as good next time
47. She always want to make our life...our problems...our rants and raves better
48. She road a camel (yes a camel) when she was eight months pregnant with Sara-Claire, because Hunter wanted to
49. Never play house using pine straw rows for walls...she gets way too domineering and will make you eat mud pies....and like them! (Chip)
50. She has more compassion than anyone I know
51. She's so proud of us all
52. She can play Somewhere Over the Rainbow on the piano (and so can Dinah???? weird)
53. She makes our life so...so...so very much better.
54. She's a hard hard worker. I remember her out on our roof holding a tennis ball over a pipe while Papa and Chan fixed our drain. We fixed that blasted drain thanks to April getting quite muddy up there on the roof. Not to mention she moved all of our furniture, planted a whole yard with us and nearly painted our whole house...pheww...I get tired just talking about it. (Dinah and Hunter)
55. Happy Birthday to the most incredible, gorgeous, inspirational, hilarious, loving, loyal, wonderful and talented woman we've ever known!
What would be your perfect birthday?
a deliciously beautiful confection....
a feet in the sand perfect day......
a reason to gather with friends....
a moment just for yourself.....
a thousand birthday wishes.....
i believe this is your day, the one day you can be spoiled or pampered or loved or even just a wee bit selfish. this is the gift our mother gave us and we carry it with us year after year after year.
Tell me about you perfect day. you know, birtday wishes do come true!
Some fishing stories are a little hard to believe, But this guy has pictures to prove his story...
Tom Satre told the Sitka Gazette that he was out with a charter group on his 62-foot fishing vessel when four juvenile black-tailed deer swam directly toward his boat.
"Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking directly at us. We could tell right away that the young bucks were distressed.
I opened up my back gate and we helped the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals onto the boat. In all my years fishing, I've never seen anything quite like it!
“Once on-board, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering. We headed for Taku Harbour. Once we reached the dock, the first
buck that we had been pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back as if to say 'thank you' and disappeared into the forest.”
After a bit of prodding and assistance, two more followed, but the smallest deer needed a little more help (that’s him in the wheelbarrow).
My daughter, Anna, and son, Tim, helped the last buck to its feet. We didn't know how long they had been in the icy waters or if there had been others who did not survive. My daughter later told me that the experience was something that she would never forget, and I suspect the deer felt the same way as well!"Chelsea: Awesome Animal Rescue Story
(Read the full story and see more photos here.)
Can we be someone's lifeline this weekend?
All it takes is a helping hand or a kind word or a prayer or even just a smile....
Here's wishing you an AWESOME weekend!
Love you all!
Marriage is a really big step. It's more than the latest trends in wedding fashion or the most stations at our reception.