Number of Servings: 16
Ingredients3 cups Basil leaves, roughly chopped (just guessed at number of leaves for caloric intake b/c they didn't have a cup option)
1/2 Cup Slivered, unsalted Almonds, toasted
3 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2-3/4 Cup of Olive Oil
1/2- 1 Tsp Salt
DirectionsThis is such a simple yet decadent sauce.
I use a food processor.
1. In the bowl of your processor put garlic, basil, and almonds. Pulse until uniformily chopped, stopping to scrape sides, as necessary.
2. Add Parmesan Cheese, pulse to mix in.
3. Measure out 1/2 cup of Olive Oil, while running processor slowly stream oil into bowl, stopping at the right consistancy and using an additional 1/4 cup in needed..
You can use this for hot pasta, marinating/baking/grilling chicken, pork, or fish. Also good as a spread for sandwiches or wraps. When storing keep a piece of plastic wrap touching the surface and then cover with plastic lid. It will last for about 2 weeks in the fridge. If you want you can freeze ice cubes of it as well for popping into other recipes.
This recipe makes 16 -1 oz (or 2 Tbsp) servings.
Number of Servings: 16
This will be my next go at it.....A healthier one!!!!
Super Basil Pesto (Healthy Version)Ingredients:Serves: 4
1 1.0 1Cup Pesto
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh basil, lightly packed (the super part is to use more than one variety of basil, I used 3, Pesto Basil, Red Opal Basil and C)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (or if you want be even healthier Walnuts)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, depending on size and how much you like garlic (or more, I used like 5 pretty small gloves in mine)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (Or Broth, I use veggie broth for mine)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (my little twist)
- 1Put all ingredients, but the pepper flakes in the food processor.
- 2Pulse and blend.
- 3Blend until everything has been mixed, the pesto should be thick (to the point of being spreadable) and not runny. Trust me you want it this way, it coats the noodles way better.
- 4Put the pesto into a bowl and mix in the pepper flakes.
- 5You are now ready to mix it into your pasta or put it on your pizza.
- 6Note: The pesto by itself is a bit salty, but don't worry once on your pasta or pizza it is just right.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/super-basil-pesto-healthy-version-389096#ixzz1xMF2sDc4
I borrowed some of my pics from some better photographers than myself.