Fitness expert and author JJ Virgin says she wrote the book "Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy" for all the women out there with arm angst. Virgin says the key is to lift the heaviest weights you can safely handle and only do eight to twelve reps. You should do three to four sets for three days a week to see results.
Here are a few of her favorite moves:
- Bend your knees
- Hang weights in both hands down by your hips, in front of your body.
- Lift weights straight up along the front of your body until your elbows are straight out in a T shape and the weights are at your shoulders.
- Make sure your elbows do not rise above your shoulders.
- Repeat 8-12 times.
- Everyone hates these little moves, but Virgin says they are THE best because they work so much at once.
- Make sure your head and body are in one straight line.
- Lower yourself with your chest, not your head.
- Repeat 12 times.
- Virgin loves these because they require no equipment and you can do them anywhere there is a bench or chair.
- Prop yourself up with your arms behind you on a chair or elevated surface.
- Arms straight. Feet on the floor.
- Bend your elbows until they form a 90 degree angle, putting all the weight on your arms, not your legs.
- Straighten arms and repeat 12 times.
For more information:
Fitness/Nutrition Expert and Author
"Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy"