I'm hungry but so are you. What do I do? Put you on one side of the boppy and my breakfast on the other. Problem solved.
Fitness with a baby:
Sometimes you get sad when you get tired because you don't know how to fall asleep on your own, which means mama has to bounce you until you do. Fortunately for me, you love when I bounce on the exercise ball. Not sure how much fitness is actually involved here, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something about my post-baby body! Ha
You despise your car seat 98% of the time that you are in it. I have decided to pretend that your crying is actually you talking/singing to me about how much you love me. Aww! You are such a sweetie!
When you sleep, I sleep. Well maybe I am still learning this one...
How to truly love:
I love you with something I never knew I had in me. I don't know what it's called and I don't know if I ever will, but I know that it is a place inside me that only you can touch... It's the most incredible feeling.
-You are always smiling in your sleep.
-You scream at me (already) when I make you quit eating to burp. Making drama like ya Daddy!
- When you are sleeping so good and I have to pick you up (like out of the car seat or something because I strongly believe in that never wake a sleeping baby thing), you arch your back and pull your feet into your chest. Your sweet little Heiney pokes out and I swear it's the cutest thing I've ever seen!
-When you are trying to wake up (and you aren't swaddled), you swing your arms around like you are a flipping helicopter. It gets intense.
- When you get startled while sleeping, you throw your hand up like 'hold up with all that noise'.. And then sloooooowly lower it. Then when you get REALLY startled, you throw both of your arms out to the side like you are a wizard, which is why your dad and I say 'ooop! He just made magic'! You make magic so hard when your dad watches LSU, they should never lose a game again!
-Since the day you were born, and you aren't sleeping, you like your eyes WIDE open!
- You are the noisiest baby in the world. When you sleep, when you eat, when you breathe... It's sooo adorable though.
- You learned how to motorboat this week (thanks to Grayson Smith!) and now you do it every time your dad and I do!
- When you do tummy time, you lift up your head and your pelvis so it looks like you are trying to fly... Actually it's a lot like an ab exercise that is pretty dang difficult to hold as long as you do. I have decided you are training to be superman when you grow up... which is awesome, btw.
- It's official. You have the longest tongue in the world! It's a wonder you can fit it all in your mouth. My little lizard baby.. ; )
- We saw your first smile on day 2 of your life. You were sleeping. It was adorable! (Hunter- don't you dare tell me this was gas. I can believe he has sweet, happy dreams if I want!) and the day before you turned 6 weeks old, you truly smiled at ME for the first time. I'll never forget it.