Well, you are 4 months old and you have given me a HUGE case of the Cutie Baby Syndrome! You see, when you are infected with Cutie Baby Syndrome (or CBS) it is almost impossible to get anything else done other than your cutie baby. If you notice yourself staring at your baby for over 5 minutes while they sleep and then getting so overcome with butterflies that you cry, it’s time to admit you have got a serious case of CBS, too. With CBS, I frequently find myself doing whatever it takes to make my cutie baby smile ( slow jogs around the house, making the weirdest motor boating sounds you have ever head, singing made up songs on repeat, kissing him 25 times in a row, you get the picture…). Luckily for me, for the past month or so, you often smile if I just look at you or talk to you… and then I’m infected with CBS all over again. Your sweet, smiling face is the first thing I see in the mornings and I wouldn’t trade that for a single thing in this world. Cleaning only happens when it’s absolutely necessary (which is why we hired a lady to come help me every other week) and cooking is basically nonexistent (but let’s be honest! Not that much cooking has ever really gone on at our house. If it happens twice a week, I consider myself awesome for the week!) Now I know some mamas out there have 5 kids, a perfectly clean house, and food on the table every night while suffering with (relishing in) CBS. These ladies are what I call Rockstar Mamas and I applaud them. Unfortunately, I lack the self control in order to be a Rockstar Mama. I feel bad about that.. until I look at your smiling face and then I’m over it. At this age in your life, you don’t care if the pile of clean laundry sits on top of the dryer for a few days or if I prepare a home cooked meal every night. All you care about is if you have your mama’s attention. And you do, babylove, you really, really do! Nevertheless, I will work on the whole Rockstar Mama thing, too, okay? When you’re like ten or something… Think of the biggest thing you can imagine.. I love you more than that.
- Car seat adventures are getting better. You don't scream every time we are in the car now. You even go to sleep sometimes!
- Your favorite thing to put in your mouth, besides your hands, feet, and anything you touch is a silly, green rattle that we got in our monthly surprise box from Citrus Lane. You love it so much because it super easy for you to hold on to and it seems to fit perfectly in your little mouth.
- Your favorite toy is an octopus pirate. It has a mirror underneath his legs, which I think is your most favorite part. Even you know you're adorable!
- You woke up with a crazy bad rash the day after Thanksgiving. It ended up being a contact allergy but your mama FREEEAKED out. Before we went to the doctor on Monday, I was convinced you had heat rash. Then I changed my mind and thought you had eczema. Then I thought you had hand, foot, and mouth disease. Then, the doctor mentioned roseola. Finally, it was confirmed it was just an allergy. Whew! Mommy has the biggest imagination when it comes to you.
- Speaking of allergies, you were diagnosed with a milk protein allergy around 2 months, which means Mama had to watch every thing she ate. I tried, baby, I really did but my efforts were often in vain. Your tummy just hurt some days no matter what I ate! For some strange and wonderful reason, since you turned four months, I rarely notice your tummy hurting. Dare I say you have outgrown the milk protein allergy already?! Or possibly you never had an allergy and your tummy just had to adjust to the digestion process? Hmm... guess we will never know.
- You are four months old, almost 15 pounds and 25.5 inches long! You love to laugh, play, and cuddle. You especially love being naked (but what boy, age 0-100, does not? hah).
- You let us KNOW when you are hungry or sleepy. You get that from your Mommy. ; )
- You kick baby booty at sleeping. Right now you go down somewhere around 6ish, sleep until 1:30ish, and then go back to sleep until 4:30 (on the dot. every morning.).
- You get more adorable by the second. I cannot wait to see you how you will amaze us next month.